The European Data Protection Board (hereafter ‘EDPB’) has published Guidelines for the calculation of fines under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this part 5 of a series of six articles, we will go through the amount of fines when the turnover is up to €500 million in the previous financial year and more than €500 million in the previous financial year, the notion of “undertaking”, its corporate liability, the Akzo presumption, the determination of the turnover and to whom in an undertaking a fine is addressed.
We have prepared a pdf for you with a graphic calculation guide – part 5 (9 pages) with the following points:
- The legal fine maximum
- Amount of fine when turnover is up to €500 million in the previous financial year
- Amount of fine for undertakings when turnover is more than €500 million in the previous financial year
- What is an “undertaking”?
- Corporate liability of undertakings
- Akzo presumption
- Determing the turnover
- Determing the total worldwide annual turnover
- To whom in an undertaking is the fine addressed?
Click on the button to download the graphic calculation guide: